Amtrak Phone Number
Calling Amtrak customer service faster by GetHuman
Current Wait: 16 minutos (14m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 9:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Solo escucha el mensaje, luego espera.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I just need information about a train ride from San Diego to San Clemente and the infor...
Need to change my ticket
I want to purchase a ticket and find out if I can put my queen size mattress ontop of m...
I need to amend my Amtrak ticket scheduled for Jan *nd @ *:** am...*I need to shoten th...
I have no photo id how can I get on a flight or train or bus to get home to Florida fro...
Are the trains running in Seattle
Amtrak gave me the wrong info and I missed my auto train
I gave a reservation: E**A**. Newly diagnosed with Covid **. How do I cancel this trip...
Want to order a ticket to go from Philly to Toledo Ohio today
I have a question about changing or cancelling a reservation.
Price to go Antioch to martinez. Is there no charge if we just ride and then ride back...
Check schedule in Redding Ca
Cuanto es el ticket de Atlanta Georgia a Florence South Carolina
Hello, my train from Philadelphia to New York was delayed and I had it buy an earlier t...
Call back service xoomSee more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Amtrak's Phone-Based Customer Care
Amtrak is a national rail service that operates throughout the United States and several parts of Canada. With over 300 trains running each day, it isn't surprising that Amtrak gets a lot of customer service calls.
Why Do People Call Amtrak Customer Support?
People call Amtrak customer support for a range of reasons including:
- Checking on train schedules
- Booking tickets and travel packages
- Providing requests for special services and accommodations
- Filing lost and found reports
- Filing complaints about Amtrak service
- Questions regarding Amtrak Guest rewards loyalty program
- Technical support with the Amtrak website
- Canceling or changing tickets
- Reserving a seat to be paid for later (this option is only available for some tickets, ask the Amtrak agent if it can apply to your desired ticket)
Best Practices for Calling Amtrak Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to help make your call to Amtrak customer service go more smoothly:
- Make sure that you have the correct number for the department you need to speak to. For example, Amtrak has separate numbers for domestic and international calls, scheduling group travel, booking vacation packages, reporting accessibility issues or contacting the Amtrak police department.
- Before you call Amtrak, assemble any relevant documentation so that you have it handy during your call. Documentation might include confirmation numbers, cancellation numbers, descriptions of travel packages, current schedules as well as any correspondence between yourself and Amtrak.
- If you are calling because you are having difficulty with the Amtrak website, make sure that you have access to a computer during your call so that you and the customer service representative can troubleshoot the issue together.
- Have pen and paper handy so you can take notes during your conversation.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling Amtrak Customer Service?
Some Amtrak passengers are very satisfied with the level of service that they have received from Amtrak customer service over the years. Still, others are less impressed, complaining that customer service agents are not always helpful. Being prepared before calling Amtrak is one way of helping to ensure that the call is successful.
What Kind of Issues can Amtrak Customer Service Representative Resolve?
Amtrak customer service can resolve a range of issues over the phone, including purchasing, changing and canceling tickets. Other issues include questions about schedules, delays and other issues with trips that are already in progress.
Many people don't realize that Amtrak sells vacation packages and a customer service representative may be able to assist in booking these packages. Another concern of many is group travel, when a club, school or family ops to travel together. Amtrak has dedicated phone lines for both group travel as well as package vacations, where specialists are able to assist in these more complex travel plans.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Amtrak Customer Service?
While most issues that affect Amtrak passengers and trains can be resolved over the phone, there may be some instances in which a phone representative will not be able to resolve an issue completely.
One example of this is putting your Amtrak reservation "on hold." If you prefer to pay for your ticket with cash, or don't feel comfortable making a payment online or over the phone using your debit or credit card, you may be able to reserve a ticket and then pay for it later at the station. However, this option is not available for all fares. Your customer service representative can help you find a fare that is eligible for this payment option.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Amtrak?
If you hang up the phone after talking with an Amtrak customer service representative and feel that your situation was not understood or that your problem is not yet resolved, don't fret. You still have a few options:
- In many cases, you will be able to take care of your issue by calling Amtrak back. Different customer service agents have different levels of training and experience. You might be able to connect with a better customer service representative on your next call and he or she will be able to resolve your case.
- Before calling, however, it's a good idea to review any notes that you took during your first call. Doing so will make it easier to explain your situation during your next call.
- If a second call to Amtrak doesn't work, try emailing Amtrak through its online form. This method has the advantage of providing you with a paper trail that can be of assistance if you need to escalate your case.
- Another option is to go to an Amtrack station and ask to speak to a manager there. He or she may be willing to look into your situation and put you in touch with people at Amtrak who are able to help.
Customer Number 877-444-4773 - by the Numbers
Número de teléfono para marcar877-444-4773
Devolución de llamada disponibleSI
Llamada atendida por una persona realSI
Departamento al que llamasServicio al Cliente
Horario del centro de llamadas24 horas, 7 días
El mejor momento para marcar9:15 am
Navega por el laberinto del teléfono a un humanoSolo escucha el mensaje, luego espera.
Rango (entre números de teléfono)1
Métodos alternativosteléfono, correo electrónico, web, twitter
Calidad de la comunicación77%
Calidad de la ayuda76%
Votos de los clientes3,868
Información actualizada por última vezSun Jan 17 2021 10:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Amtrak's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Este es el mejor número de teléfono de Amtrak, la espera actual en espera en tiempo real y las herramientas para saltar directamente a través de esas líneas telefónicas para llegar directamente a un agente Amtrak. Este número de teléfono es el mejor número de teléfono de Amtrak porque 137,892 clientes como usted usaron esta información de contacto durante los últimos 18 meses y nos dieron su opinión. Los problemas comunes abordados por la unidad de atención al cliente que responde las llamadas al 877-444-4773 incluyen Make a Booking, Refund, Missing Items, Cancel or Change Booking, Problem With a Trip y otros problemas de servicio al cliente. El Amtrak centro de llamadas al que llama tiene empleados de Pennsylvania y está abierto 24 hours, 7 days según los clientes. En total, Amtrak tiene 4 números de teléfono. No siempre está claro cuál es la mejor manera de hablar con Amtrak representantes, por lo que comenzamos a recopilar esta información basada en sugerencias de la comunidad de clientes. Siga compartiendo sus experiencias para que podamos seguir mejorando este recurso gratuito.
Contacting Amtrak - by phone or otherwise
Si bien 877-444-4773 es el mejor número gratuito de Amtrak, existen 8 formas totales de comunicarse con ellos. La siguiente mejor manera de hablar con su equipo de atención al cliente, de acuerdo con otros Amtrak clientes, es llamando a su 800-872-7245 número de teléfono para su Adquisitivo departamento. Además de llamar, la siguiente opción favorita para los clientes que buscan ayuda es a través de 800-872-7245 para Adquisitivo. Si cree que esta información es inexacta o conoce otras formas de comunicarse con Amtrak, infórmenos para que podamos compartirla con otros clientes. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Amtrak.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Amtrak?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Amtrak. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.