Netflix is a major video streaming and DVD rental service that operates in the United States and around the world. With a customer base of over 148 million, it isn't surprising that Netflix customer service gets a lot of calls every day.
Why Do People Call Netflix Customer Support?
People call Netflix customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Technical support with using the website as well as streaming video
- Billing issues
- Issues with overall service
- Starting, changing, or ending subscriptions
- Setting and managing parental controls
- Issues with DVDs, delivery and returns
Best Practices for Calling Netflix Customer Service
Here are some tips for ensuring a productive call to Netflix that gets your questions answered and issues resolved:
- Have everything in front of you that you might need during your call, including your username, any correspondence from Netflix about your situation, your credit or debit card if you are having payment issues, or financial statements that document billing errors.
- If you are calling about a technical issue, be sure you can access your device while on the call so that you and the representative can troubleshoot the issue together.
- Before calling, log into your Netflix account. Visit the Help page and click on the "Call Us" button. You'll be provided with a phone number to call as well as with a separate, numeric code that you should enter into the system when calling. Doing this will speed up your call.
- Have pen and paper handy so that you can take notes. You may need to write down information about using your service properly, confirmation numbers or other details, such as the name of the customer service representative who is assisting you.
How Do Consumers Feel About Calling Netflix Customer Service?
Netflix prides itself on offering a quality customer experience and generally speaking, customers are happy with the level of customer service that Netflix provides. Wait times can vary by day and time that you are calling, but this is normal for just about every company.
What Kind of Issues can a Netflix Customer Service Representative Resolve?
A Netflix customer service representative can resolve most customer issues, including troubleshooting technical issues, researching and correcting billing problems, resetting accounts in case of hacking or fraud, and making changes to accounts, including starting or ending subscriptions.
If you have a DVD rental account with Netflix, you can ask a representative to check to see whether a DVD has been mailed or whether a return has been processed by Netflix.
What Can't Be Resolved by Phone with Netflix Customer Service?
A Netflix customer service representative will not be able to resolve issues with your equipment nor your Internet or cellular service. If it is determined that a problem with your streaming service is related to your device or devices, or your connectivity, you will need to work with your cable company, Internet provider or mobile phone company to deal with the issue.
Netflix cannot control how quickly the Postal Service delivers and returns DVD mailers. If you are having difficulty with your mail delivery, you will need to work with the post office to achieve a resolution.
What Should You do if your call to Netflix is Unsuccessful?
If you get off the phone with Netflix and feel as if you were not able to get your questions answered, or that your issue is not yet resolved, don't fret. You still have options.
- Before re-contacting Netflix, take a few minutes to go over the notes you took during your call. If you didn't take notes, jot down what you remember from your conversation with the customer service representative. Having this information fresh in your mind will make it easier for you to explain what happened during your next call.
- Call Netflix back. Keep in mind that agents are trained differently and some have more experience than others. The next person you speak to might be in a better position to understand your concern and resolve it then the agent who took your first call.
- Get in touch with Netflix via its live chat service. Communicating via live chat has the advantage of giving you a transcript of what both you and the customer service representative said during your conversation. This can be useful if you have to escalate your case.