General Motors Phone Number
Call General Motors customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 18 minutos (13m avg)
Hours: Mon-Thu 7am-8pm, Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 7am-4pm CST; best time to call: 8:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Presione 0 en cada solicitud, ignorando los mensajes.
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Hi. I am from SA. We bought a **** Holden Commodore VX** and we are changing the entire...
Trying to fill out job application. Need help!!!
My **** Silverado was taken to the dealership with a Service EGR light that turned out...
Service at Quebedeaux and Royal Buick aren't good , first October *,****, I had a batte...
My AC is blowing warm air. They have to remove my windshield, dash and seats to replac...
on september *rd my **** gmc sierra had a lifter go out with **** miles on it. Had it t...
Dead car **** Cadillac xt* dealer cannot get in until ***** no rentals what so I do ??????
I agree, the commercial that says, “Drive Safe” is so grammatically incorrect and I cri...
Customer service complaints!!!
please forward this message to corporate decision makers: Why don't you build and sell...
I want a job in careersntiac, Mi at GM as a cnc machinist. Last year I took the skill t...
Dealer has my car for shift to park issue. GM is not paying for it...Unacceptable. * Th...
Car payment due today.*Complimentary extention
I have a **** chevrolet duramax that I love and intend to keep long term. Everything is...
I dropped my car off to have the engine replaced at cancel buick-gmc at North Riverside...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on General Motors's Phone-Based Customer Care
General Motors, also known as GM, is a major US automobile manufacturer that sells its vehicles internationally. As one of the largest companies in the United States, it isn't surprising that General Motors gets many calls to its customer service department each and every day.
Why Do People Call General Motors Customer Support?
Customers call General Motors customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Information about buying a new vehicle
- Technical support for using a General Motors website
- Questions about a vehicle currently owned by the customer
- Help with financing or current credit accounts
Best Practices for Calling General Motors Customer Service
There are several things that you can do to help ensure that your call to General Motors customer service is handled quickly and professionally:
- As is true for many large companies, General Motors has many divisions, each with its own customer service department. Visit the General Motors' "Contact Us" page and look up your vehicle by name. From there, you'll be able to find a selection of phone numbers. Choose the one that best suits your question.
- Have all relevant documentation handy when calling. Documentation might include purchase contracts, warranties and invoices, along with billing statements. You should also have handy any communications between you, GM and your dealership.
- If you are seeing technical support in using General Motors' website, be in front of your computer or have a device handy so that you can troubleshoot along with the customer service agent.
- Have some way of taking notes during your call.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling General Motors Customer Service?
There appears to be a fair level of satisfaction with General Motors' phone-based customer service. There are few, if any, major complaints online about the level of service received.
What Kind of Issues can General Motors Customer Service Representative Resolve?
General Motors can resolve a range of issues, including answering questions about vehicles, referring you to authorized dealers, addressing technical support issues when using online services and investigating queries about billing and financing.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to General Motors Customer Service?
While GM's customer service agents may be able to offer advice on using your vehicle's features, telephone staff can't perform repairs for you and will have to refer you for assistance in keeping with your warranty.
If you are having a conflict with your dealership, a General Motors customer service representative may be able to take a report, but it is unlikely that he or she can referee an ongoing dispute.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with General Motors?
If you get off the phone with General Motors customer service and feel as though your issues were not resolved, don't fret. You may still have options.
- First, review the notes that you took during your call. Doing this could help you identify areas of miscommunication that led to the failure of your first conversation.
- Next, call GM customer service back. Keep in mind that customer service representatives have different levels of experience and training. The next General Motors customer service agent that you speak to may be better able to understand your questions and resolve your concerns.
- If a second call to General Motors customer support doesn't resolve your problem, try a different way of getting in touch. GM customer service contact options vary by brand, but in some cases, you can use live chat to connect with a customer service representative. Another option is to write a letter via postal mail.
- Another alternative to dealing with GM customer service directly is to contact your dealership. The dealership manager may be willing to advocate for you.
Customer Number 800-462-8782 - by the Numbers
Número de teléfono para marcar800-462-8782
Devolución de llamada disponibleSI
Llamada atendida por una persona realSI
Departamento al que llamasServicio al Cliente
Horario del centro de llamadasLun-jue 7 am-8pm, viernes 7 am-7pm, sáb 7 am-4pm CST
El mejor momento para marcar8:15 am
Navega por el laberinto del teléfono a un humanoPresione 0 en cada solicitud, ignorando los mensajes.
Espera actual18 años
Rango (entre números de teléfono)1
Métodos alternativosteléfono, web, chat
Calidad de la comunicación74%
Calidad de la ayuda55%
Votos de los clientes4,459
Información actualizada por última vezMon Oct 11 2021 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
General Motors's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Este es el mejor número de teléfono de General Motors, la espera actual en espera en tiempo real y las herramientas para saltar directamente a través de esas líneas telefónicas para llegar directamente a un agente General Motors. Este número de teléfono es el mejor número de teléfono de General Motors porque 35,052 clientes como usted usaron esta información de contacto durante los últimos 18 meses y nos dieron su opinión. Los problemas comunes abordados por la unidad de atención al cliente que responde las llamadas al 800-462-8782 incluyen Where to buy, Complaint, Repairs, Returns y otros problemas de servicio al cliente. El General Motors centro de llamadas al que llama tiene empleados de Michigan y está abierto Mon-Thu 7am-8pm, Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 7am-4pm CST según los clientes. En total, General Motors tiene 1 número de teléfono. No siempre está claro cuál es la mejor manera de hablar con General Motors representantes, por lo que comenzamos a recopilar esta información basada en sugerencias de la comunidad de clientes. Siga compartiendo sus experiencias para que podamos seguir mejorando este recurso gratuito.
Contacting General Motors - by phone or otherwise
Si bien 800-462-8782 es el mejor número gratuito de General Motors, existen 3 formas totales de comunicarse con ellos. La siguiente mejor manera de hablar con su equipo de atención al cliente puede ser simplemente contarle a GetHuman sobre su problema y dejar que intentemos encontrar la mejor manera de contactarlos o buscar ayuda para ese problema en particular. Además de llamar, la siguiente opción favorita para los clientes que buscan ayuda es a través de Online Help para Customer Service. Si cree que esta información es inexacta o conoce otras formas de comunicarse con General Motors, infórmenos para que podamos compartirla con otros clientes. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for General Motors.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to General Motors?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like General Motors. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.