CenturyLink Phone Number
Call CenturyLink customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 54 minutos (43m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 8:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Presione 2 y luego 1
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I canceled my service today, but did not receive any information on returning the modem.
My phone service hasn't worked all day and I want it fixed NOW.
I have still not heard from Century Link about solving the issue of our billing. We si...
UNABLE TO GET A TECH TO TURN MY SERVICE BACK ON ACCOUNT IS CURRENT
I moved and they told me I have not switched but I called and informed them I moved. I...
I have been trying to pay my internet bill since last month. Everytime I press the numb...
I paid on my account on **** and ****---that is when they cleared the bank possibly, We...
After * days on the phone we got my slow internet fixed. He said I would recieve an em...
our phone line is down again *nd time this month this happens alot and issue does not s...
my account was comprimise, can i set up a bill pay with my girlfriends account for * da...
i need to set up my bill pay
i was without seervice last month for * days, they couldn't schedule anyone to fix my p...
I recently signed up for Century Link internet service, it was installed and the router...
i wished to disconnect.
I would like my ex wife's name removed from the billing and account and my name added please.See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on CenturyLink's Phone-Based Customer Care
CenturyLink is a technology company that is perhaps best known for offering consumer and business telecommunications, broadband Internet and DirectTV services. As a provider of services in 37 U.S. states, it isn't surprising that its customer service departments get a lot of calls.
Why do People Call CenturyLink Customer Support?
People call CenturyLink customer service for a range of reasons, including:
- Requesting the start of new service
- Making changes to existing services
- Canceling or transferring service
- Technical support for services or devices
- Upgrading or purchasing equipment or devices
- Questions about the proper use of services or equipment
- Scheduling technician visits
- Questions about accounting and billing issues
- Making payment plans
Best Practices for Calling CenturyLink Customer Service
To help ensure a productive conversation with CenturyLink customer service representatives, check out these tips:
- Check to make sure you are calling the correct number for the service that you are requesting. CenturyLink has different numbers for various departments, so check the website or your latest bill for what number to call.
- Have your account number, as well as any correspondence or bills related to your inquiry, in front of you. Nothing is more frustrating (for you or the representative, than finally beginning a conversation only to have to search for documents that you don't have handy.
- If you are requesting technical support for your Internet, phone or DirectTV, keep in mind that the representative will likely ask to perform remote diagnostic testing. This will be easier if you are in the same room as the device or your computer. If you are calling about broadband service from a mobile phone, and your phone is currently connected to your WiFi, switch off the WiFi.
- Keep pen and paper handy so that you can take notes during your call. This can be helpful if you need to record confirmation numbers and can be particularly useful if you need to escalate your case.
How Do People Feel About Their Calls to CenturyLink Customer Support?
Reports on CenturyLink customer service is mixed. Some customers are very pleased with the service that they've received while others have complaints. Areas of dissatisfaction often involve inconsistent information provided by customer service representatives, as well as a failure to follow-through on promises made.
Notable Media Reports
In one reported case, a long-standing customer entered into a payment arrangement with CenturyLink as a way of paying off a past due balance. Despite this agreement and an explanation that his first payment would take a few days to arrive, CenturyLink disconnected his service anyway, demanding a deposit before reconnection. Eventually, the situation was resolved, but not until the story was reported on by a local journalist.
What Kind of Issues can CenturyLink Customer Support Resolve?
Customer service representatives for CenturyLink can resolve a range of issues over the phone, including enrolling you into a new service as well as transferring, changing and canceling service.
In addition, a representative can perform some diagnostics on your service and equipment. The representative may also be able to teach you how to use your equipment and get the most out of your broadband, phone and DirectTV services.
What can't Be Resolved by Phone with CenturyLink?
If your situation can only be resolved by replacing or repairing equipment, you will need to either schedule a technician appointment or make arrangements to swap out devices at a CenturyLink location.
If you want to pay your bill in cash, you will need to visit an authorized payment center. Be sure to bring your latest CenturyLink bill with you so as to ensure that your payment is properly credited to your account.
What can I do if I am Unhappy With my Call to CenturyLink?
If your first call to CenturyLink doesn't resolve your issue, don't give up. There are still things you can do:
- If you haven't already done so, write down what happened during your call. Having this information in writing can make it easier for you to describe what happened to other CenturyLink agents.
- Call back. You may have had a bad experience with one representative, but the next person you speak to may have the training and ability to help.
- Use CenturyLink's live chat option to communicate with a representative. A variation on this is getting in touch via CenturyLink's social media accounts. Either option provides you with a transcript of your conversation, something that can be very useful if you have to pursue the matter further.
Customer Number 800-366-8201 - by the Numbers
Número de teléfono para marcar800-366-8201
Devolución de llamada disponibleNO
Llamada atendida por una persona realSI
Departamento al que llamasServicio al Cliente
Horario del centro de llamadas24 horas, 7 días
El mejor momento para marcar8:15 am
Navega por el laberinto del teléfono a un humanoPresione 2 y luego 1
Rango (entre números de teléfono)1
Métodos alternativosteléfono, chat, web
Calidad de la comunicación59%
Calidad de la ayuda60%
Votos de los clientes3,635
Información actualizada por última vezTue Jul 27 2021 09:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
CenturyLink's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Este es el mejor número de teléfono de CenturyLink, la espera actual en espera en tiempo real y las herramientas para saltar directamente a través de esas líneas telefónicas para llegar directamente a un agente CenturyLink. Este número de teléfono es el mejor número de teléfono de CenturyLink porque 39,744 clientes como usted usaron esta información de contacto durante los últimos 18 meses y nos dieron su opinión. Los problemas comunes abordados por la unidad de atención al cliente que responde las llamadas al 800-366-8201 incluyen Setup Service, Lower My Bill, Transfer Service, Technical Support, Cancel Service y otros problemas de servicio al cliente. El CenturyLink centro de llamadas al que llama tiene empleados de Louisiana, Idaho, Washington, Nebraska y está abierto 24 hours, 7 days según los clientes. En total, CenturyLink tiene 5 números de teléfono. No siempre está claro cuál es la mejor manera de hablar con CenturyLink representantes, por lo que comenzamos a recopilar esta información basada en sugerencias de la comunidad de clientes. Siga compartiendo sus experiencias para que podamos seguir mejorando este recurso gratuito.
Contacting CenturyLink - by phone or otherwise
Si bien 800-366-8201 es el mejor número gratuito de CenturyLink, existen 7 formas totales de comunicarse con ellos. La siguiente mejor forma de hablar con su equipo de atención al cliente, según otros CenturyLink clientes, es llamando a su 888-321-4764 número de teléfono de su nuevos clientes departamento. Además de llamar, la siguiente opción favorita para los clientes que buscan ayuda es a través de 888-321-4764 para nuevos clientes. Si cree que esta información es inexacta o conoce otras formas de comunicarse con CenturyLink, infórmenos para que podamos compartirla con otros clientes. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for CenturyLink.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to CenturyLink?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like CenturyLink. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. If you look at our Skype Phone Number page, you can see an example of those free calling mechanisms and tips shared by other customers. Or take a look at the Optus - Faults Phone Number page. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies like Skype or Optus - Faults. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.